Eckhart Tolle is a contemporary spiritual teacher and author who have been taking his message throughout the world; he understands the awakening needs of our time.
Eckhart Tolle is the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller The Power of Now, and a highly acclaimed follow-up, A New Earth, which are widely regarded as two of the most influential spiritual books of our time. Eckhart profound yet simple teachings have already helped countless people throughout the world find inner peace and happiness in their lives. I am his big fan and read most of his books, I also had the pleasure of being at his presence at Asilomar Retreat February 2013 in Monterey California, It was a great retreat and a life changing experience for me. It was a weeklong retreat with lectures that were given by Eckhart Tolle, and the sessions of meditation. We were in silent most of the time and had mindful walks and meditation times at Asilomar Resort, it was a great place to be, and our minds became quiet and still, while our body became light and calm.
Eckhart made the analogy in his talks that our negative thoughts can be similar to a viral infection in our minds. These thoughts have a seductive quality, similar to the pull of a magnet. Our negative thoughts of judgment, criticism, and condemnation have powerful momentum because they’ve been with us a long time and we believe they are true. If we are unaware of this, we are at the mercy of whatever thoughts arise in our minds.
The key is to disidentify from our judgments and invite the space of no thought into our lives. Consider the possibility of relinquishing your inner judge, and letting go of your negative thoughts. How would that change your life? More importantly, how would it change the world?
- Always say “yes” to the present moment. What could be more futile, more insane, than to create inner resistance to what already is? what could be more insane than to oppose life itself, which is now and always now? Surrender to what is. Say “yes” to life — and see how life suddenly starts working for you rather than against you.
- To end the misery that has afflicted the human condition for thousands of years, you have to start with yourself and take responsibility for your inner state at any given moment. That means now.
- Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at this moment.
- Whenever an answer, a solution, or a creative idea is needed, stop thinking for a moment by focusing attention on your inner energy field. … When you resume thinking, it will be fresh and creative.
- When you become aware of silence, immediately there is that state of inner still alertness. You are present. You have stepped out of thousands of years of collective human conditioning.
- All the things that truly matter — beauty, love, creativity, joy, and inner peace — arise from beyond the mind.
- What a liberation to realize that the “voice in my head” is not who I am. Who am I then? The one who sees that.
- When you look at a tree and perceive its stillness, you become still yourself. You connect with it at a very deep level. You feel a oneness with whatever you perceive in and through stillness. Feeling the oneness of yourself with all things is true love.
- When you lose touch with inner stillness, you lose touch with yourself, you lose touch with the worlds. Your innermost sense of self, of who you are, is inseparable from stillness. This is the I AM that is deeper than name and form.
- True intelligence operates silently. Stillness is where creativity and solutions to problems are found.
Published: May 14, 2016
Contact us today to book your free online meditation session: firstname.lastname@example.org