Mindfulness meditation puts you at the helm of yourself and lets you channelize your emotions in productive and positive ways.
By Vivek Chakraverty, August 26, 2016
As a result of the commitments of today’s hectic lifestyle, anxiety and stress inevitably accompany it. But things are not nearly as bad as it seems and there is an alternative to taking medicines and hope that they do some magic, often with severe side effects. To lead a healthy and stress-free life all you have to do is set apart half an hour a day for mindfulness meditation. You will be astonished at how many scientifically proven benefits the practice of Mindfulness meditation can bring with itself.
- Boost Your Immunity– A particular study, published in the journal Psychosomatic Medication found- “A short program in mindfulness meditation produces demonstrable effects on brain and immune function… meditation may change the brain and immune function in positive ways.”
- Minimizes the Effect of Pain– A study published in PubMed called “Brain Mechanisms Supporting Modulation of Pain by Mindfulness Meditation” found that mindfulness meditation removes the severity of pain and you feel much less pain than people who do not practice mindfulness meditation.
- Inflammation of the cells– Inflamed cells lead to chronic diseases which may be kept under controllable levels easily with the help of mindfulness meditation. Besides the study linked above another study titled “Workplace-based mindfulness practice and inflammation: A randomized trial” came to the same conclusion.
- Let the positive emotions flow- The benefits of positivity are beyond doubt. Mindfulness meditation puts you at the helm of yourself and lets you channelize your emotions in productive and positive ways. The study “Open hearts build lives: Positive emotions, induced through loving-kindness meditation, build consequential personal resources,” published in the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology reinforces this fact.
- Helps in overcoming depression- With the turmoil, people experience daily it is little wonder that depression in moderate or severe amounts is becoming increasingly commonplace. Mindfulness meditation is a great way to overcome depression and bring back good cheer to your like as the study “The Effects of Mindfulness Meditation on Cognitive Processes and Affect in Patients with Past Depression,” published in the journal Cognitive Therapy and Research, shows.
- No need to be anxious- Anxiety, even when extreme, are kept in check by adhering to a routine that includes daily practice of meditation. The American Journal of Psychiatry published a study called “Effectiveness of a meditation-based stress reduction program in the treatment of anxiety disorders,” which points towards a correlation between practicing mindfulness meditation and lesser amounts of anxiety. Yet another study,” Three-year follow-up and clinical implications of a mindfulness meditation-based stress reduction intervention in the treatment of anxiety disorders,” found similar results.
- Stress Buster- If you are in the higher echelons of the corporate hierarchy or are in particular industries which are highly demanding, stress should not be anything new to you. However, you should also be aware that it has disastrous effects on your health in the long term. The study “Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction for Health Care Professionals,” published in the International Journal of Stress Management found that meditation reduces stress to drastic extents and the study “A Randomized, Wait-List Controlled Clinical Trial: The Effect of a Mindfulness Meditation-Based Stress Reduction Program on Mood and Symptoms of Stress in Cancer Outpatients,” published in the Journal of Biobehavioral Medicine reiterated this perception.
- Be your own master- Ever wanted that magic charm that would give you the power to control your emotion and behavior just the way you want to? Mindfulness meditation is the ultimate answer to all things related to self-control. You do not lose your temper; you do not get irritated or agitated. It is you, your composed and tranquil self always. These are not mere claims but facts backed by scientific findings.
- A Comprehensive Selfie- If you want to better yourself you must first accurately judge whatever that is wrong with you. Self-improvement absolutely needs to be accompanied by self-introspection. Through the correct application of this practice, you become a better and happier person as scientific studies find.
- Improve your productivity by leaps and bounds- If you have been experiencing problems with your memory then mindfulness meditation can hold the key for better cognition as the study “Mindfulness meditation improves cognition: Evidence of brief mental training” finds. You are also better at multitasking as the following study- Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems,” points towards. No less than four studies attest to the phenomenal effects of mindfulness meditation on attention and focus. Did you know that meditation adds to your creativity, as researched by J. Schooler, by stimulating your ability to think out-of-the-box?
This post lists just some of the benefits duly backed by scientific studies, that mindfulness meditation has. We can say, with an air of certainty, that there are much more.
Contact us today to book your free online meditation session: firstname.lastname@example.org